We appreciate your interest in our products and services offered by Ford & Slater Limited and your visit to this website. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our site.
Ford & Slater Limited are aware and can assure you that the trust you place with us and the responsibility to protect your privacy is of importance to us. For this reason we pay special attention when processing your personal data during our business processes. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
- What information we may collect.
- How we may use your information and the disclosure of your details.
- Your choices regarding your personal information.
- Security in place and future policy changes
We have a legal obligation to use your information in line with all laws prevailing at the time concerning the protection of personal information including the Data Protection Act 1998. In addition, our data protection policy complies with the Data Protection Code of Conduct applicable company-wide for Ford & Slater Limited and that of our parent company Strevens Vehicles Holdings Limited. Our website may include, links to other websites which are not covered by this privacy statement. We therefore urge you to review their own privacy policies when visiting them as we do not accept responsibility of liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites.
Collection and Processing of Personal Data
When you interact with the company we may sometimes receive and collect personal information about you. Personal data is only stored if volunteered by you, for example in the context of a registration, a survey, a contest or in execution of a contract. When you visit our website, our web server automatically records your IP address (provides identity to a networked device) the web pages you actually visit and the date and length of your visit, this data is used purely for analysis purposes. Should you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with our policy.
The information we collect and hold may vary depending on which service you are using. This can consist of name, email, phone, address, vehicle details and preferences depending on the activity. Please note we will sometimes require you to provide additional personal information and sometimes sensitive information (e.g. driving licence), however, when we do this we will explain why we are collecting it and how it will be used.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data and Purpose Specification
Ford & Slater Limited may use or disclose your personal data for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our services, activities or online content and deal with your enquiries and requests.
- For customer administration purposes, which means we may contact you for reasons relating to the products and services you have signed up for or may have or wish to purchase.
- To inform or provide you with information about our products and services
- We may use IP addresses to analyse and improve the services offered on Ford & Slater Limited’s website through the use of an Analytical software company.
- To provide you with the most user friendly navigation experience.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law prevailing at the time and in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention.
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other lawful authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
We may use your email address to inform you about our services, products and industry updates such as upcoming improvements or changes.
Retaining personal information
This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. Notwithstanding the other provisions laid out in this policy we will retain documents including electronic documents containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law prevailing at the time.
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, this includes providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention.
When will Ford & Slater Limited contact me?
- In relation to any service, product or activity you have signed up for to ensure that we can deliver them to you. In relation to any correspondence we receive from you
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our performance, products and services (Voluntary participation is always your choice)
- For marketing information purposes or to promote new products and services including via email marketing
Your data may be used by the data controller in common for the sole purposes of technical administration of the website, product surveys, customer administration, and marketing but you will only be contacted to the extent necessary in each specific case. If you wish to opt out by any means of communication please do so by contacting the data controller directly at our head office.
We do not conduct the disclosure of your data to third parties, and we will only disclose your data to governmental authorities in cases where it is required by law. Our employees, agencies, and retailers are obliged by us to respect confidentiality in all of our dealings with you.
Freedom of Choice
We should like to use your data to inform you about our products and services and where applicable request your opinion. Naturally your participation is always completely voluntary and you may wish to opt out of this service.
Should you no longer wish us to hold or process your data, you can inform us at any time, providing the reason that you require data to be removed and we will take steps to facilitate removal. If we are unable to facilitate your request, we will explain the reasons for this..
If you wish to tell us of changes to your personal details or to correct details we hold about you, you should telephone: 0116 2632900 or email Ford & Slater data controller at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are data sent from a website and stored on your device or web browser. They ease navigation, and increase the user-friendliness of a website.
In response to the EU Cookies Directive – affective May 26th 2012, we should make you aware that most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your hard drive by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your hard drive at any time. If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still visit our website; however this may result in a reduced availability of the services provided.
We would also like visitors to be aware we use a third party Analytical company to collect details of visits to our websites for statistical analysis. We can assure you that under NO circumstances do we share any of this information with ANY third parties.
If you require any further information do not hesitate to contact: email@example.com
Ford & Slater Limited uses technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against intentional manipulation, accidental or, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorized persons. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new and improved technology becomes available.
Access of Information
Upon written request, Ford & Slater Limited or our representatives will inform you by letter without delay what personal data is stored by us as defined by the law prevailing at the time. Should such data be incorrect, we will at your request correct that information for you, also as a registered user you have the option of viewing, deleting or amending your personal data yourself. Any requests should be submitted to FOA Mr M Cope, Ford & Slater Limited, Hazel Drive, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 2JG.
Data protection registration
Ford & Slater Limited are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Website. www.ico.org.uk
Our data protection registration number is Z5487595.
Should you have questions regarding the processing of your personal data you can refer to our Data Protection Officer or our IT team, who are available for suggestions, enquiries, or complaints.
Health & Safety Resource Manager
Ford & Slater Limited
Tele 01733 295000
Issue 1 2017